Level: History homework help
Pages: 1 Pages
Pages: 1 Pages
Humanities: World Cultures Discussions
Please only choose and do one option out of the two posted
"Muslim Structures and Pilgrimage" Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Describe the main purpose of the Hajj in the Muslim faith, and identify two (2) specific aspects of the Hajj that you find fascinating or significant.
- Next, explain the association between Muhammad and the area of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. Lastly, describe the sacred art of Islam’s key qualities, and explain the fundamental reasons why Muslim artists of sacred works are reluctant to include images of humans (i.e., at least in sacred areas). Think of a place of worship (of any religion) today, and explain which type of artistic tradition would be more conducive to worship: Byzantine art (Chapter 8), Hindu art (Chapter 7), or Muslim art (Chapter 9).
Muslim Structures and Pilgrimage
"Christian Structures and Pilgrimage" Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Identify two (2) aspects of Romanesque cathedral architecture, and explain their significance.
- Discuss two (2) details one might encounter or experience on the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela (i.e., on the way and / or once there) that you think a medieval Christian pilgrim might find especially meaningful.
- In modern times, identify the place you would find most meaningful to visit, and explain why. Write a paragraph from a letter you might send home about this "pilgrimage".
Christian Structures and Pilgrimage
NOTE: TEXTBOOK chapter 9 and 10 IS ATTACHED TOO SO THAT YOU CAN REFER TO THE CHAPTER PAGES MENTIONED IF NEEDED.
Sayre, H. M. (2015). The humanities: Culture, continuity & change, Volume 1 (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle
River, NJ: Pearson Education
ONLY DO ONE OUT OF THE TWO OPTIONS POSTED AND NO PLAGIARISM OF ANY KIND